Sunday, July 26, 2015

Update - Day 20 on No-Spend Challenge

Greetings.  So I totally fell off the wagon on Saturday, but it wasn't a long fall.  I mentioned a few days ago that I made plans to spend the day in Indy, and I was concerned about breaking the No-Spend rules.  I did end up breaking a few:
 - Gas to get to and from Indy ~$7.50
 - Lunch $7.40
 - Frivolous fabric buy $2
 - Donation to Buddhist center $2

I don't regret spending a single cent because my cousin and I had a great time.
Our day began at the Indiana Buddhist Center.  Neither of us had ever been to a Buddhist center before, and we came for a meditation session.  We were treated to butter and milk tea and an impromptu teaching by Hlarampa Geshe Jinpa Sonam.  It was an honor to be there.


After a great meditation, we headed to Irvington for lunch at one of the best pizza places in Indy, Jockamo's.  Ashley had never been to Broad Ripple before, so we spent the rest of the afternoon walking around BR window shopping, walking the Monon, perusing the Indianapolis Art Center, and pining for ice cream.  We had very good self control though and only splurged on lunch.  

No comments:

Post a Comment