Thursday, July 16, 2015

Day 10 Update + First World Problems

So far in the first third of the No-Spend Challenge, there have been no grocery shopping binges, no road trips or outings, no U-Pick berry picking, or the like for me.  And I'm fine with that.  I've liked getting creative with the ingredients that I have on hand and/or eating more simply.

The electric toothbrush decided to die this week as well.  It's back to the free, manual toothbrushes from the dentist's office now.  And that's fine too.

I ran out of chili powder, but found that I had all of the components to assemble my own, and so I did.

$251 total savings in 10 days.

Wrangling with the "need" for instant gratification and buyer's high has been a good learning tool.  Most of us in this modern world are incredibly spoiled.  We can so easily and quickly get what we want, and we forget how very little we really need.

Please, please forgive me for posting a link to a horrible song related to this topic, but it's so true.


What are your thoughts?  I hope that I haven't offended anyone, but if I did, it's for your own good.  How have you been going on this challenge?  Is it a struggle or does it lighten your burden?  

No comments:

Post a Comment