Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Day 15 - Half Way There

We made it half way!  15 days into the 30 Day No-Spend Challenge, and I'm not sure about you, but I'm feeling the struggle now.

I've made two plans with friends for this weekend.  Accommodating friends and this budgeting game has got me scratching my head.  I'm packing a picnic dinner for Friday evening to be enjoyed during an outdoor symphony - which I can get everyone into for free.  That's a nice bonus.

Saturday will be harder because I'll be taking my cousin around Indy, and who wants to pack a lunch when there are so many delicious restaurants around!?  The conundrum!

There have also been instances where I've wanted to get frivolous with the ingredients I have at home.  I've stopped myself quite a few times from making cookies, brownies, or something else sweet.  We don't really need these, and it would be sort of wasteful when that flour could be used in something more nutritious, like bread.

But...I have made a mug cake or two to subdue my raging sweet tooth.  It's only a single serving and that's how I've justified it.  My go-to mug cake comes from Not Quite Nigella's blog, and you can find the recipe here.

This photo comes from Table For Two's blog.  Aaaand I'm making their mug cake recipe right now.  It's been one of those days.  How do you cope with stressful days and a tight budget?

No comments:

Post a Comment