Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Banana Peach and Radish Tops Smoothie

Summer doesn't last long enough in my part of the world.  And local, summer produce is the best.  I've been drinking up all of the summer gems I can get my hands on, namely berries and peaches.  I was a little giddy after tasting this morning's green smoothie.  It contained just four ingredients:

 One frozen banana
+
 One juicy peach
+

A bunch of radish greens (about as much as pictured here)
+

One heaped teaspoon of ground flax seeds

Just throw it all into your blender, add at least a cup of cold water, and blitz.  Radish greens are great to throw into smoothies because they are so mild in flavor.  You don't even notice they are there except for the vibrant green hue they lend.  I'll be making this one again tomorrow!


Photo credits:  banana, peach, greens, flax

No comments:

Post a Comment