Saturday, July 11, 2015

Day 5 Update + Strawberry Basil Smoothie Recipe

Hello again.  I hope that you've found benefit in these first few days of the 30-Day No-Spend Challenge.  I've kept track of the things that I would have purchased normally had I not begun this thrifty game.

The total amount of money I've saved so far is about $153.  Just in five days.  I'm a bit amazed and perplexed simultaneously.  I'm so glad that I decided to do this.  How has it been for you?  Has it been difficult?

Yesterday I mentioned green smoothies.  They are an amazing way to get greens into your system.  I've been playing with flavors for about a month now.  I've even gotten a five year old to drink them greedily.  The one I blitzed today is absolutely delicious, refreshing, and tastes like summer.  I'll be posting more green smoothie recipes along the way.  Let me know how you like it.



Strawberry Basil Smoothie

- handful frozen strawberries
- handful chopped cantaloupe
- 1/2 handful chopped pineapple
- 1/4 cup fresh basil (or more to taste)
- juice from half of a small lemon (or more to taste)
- 1 tsp. ground flax seeds (optional)
- 1/2 cup water or more to help blend

Throw everything in your blender and blend.  Taste to see if it has enough basil and lemon juice.  Blend again and enjoy.

Makes 1 smoothie

No comments:

Post a Comment