Thursday, July 9, 2015

Cheap Travel Attempt and Fail

Sooo...Megabus is a really great way to get from big city to big city on the cheap.  The kicker is that you need to book your tickets early and/or be willing to get dropped off at the bus stop at scary hours of the night/morning.  You have to get your tickets immediately when you see a great deal.  And there are some really great deals - like $2 round trip great deals.  If you can score travel bargains this cheap, I wouldn't even consider it breaking any No-Spend rules, but I wasn't fast enough this time.

My two best college friends live in Chicago.  


One of them is expecting her first baby (Natalie, in the middle), and I would love to be there for her baby shower.  I waited an hour or two too long to buy the bus tickets and the price SOARED.  So, I'll be booking my tickets to see her in December after her baby has arrived - waaay in advance.   Luckily she'll be having a shower in her home town as well, which is much closer and without all the insane traffic.

No comments:

Post a Comment